Monday, January 23, 2012

"Wife 101" by A'ndrea J. Wilson

As I read A'ndrea Wilson's book, Wife 101, I had to force myself to think that the reason for this book was to tell the story of Amber Ross, a powerful woman who needed to learn the lessons on how to become a virtuous woman.  When I provided Ms. Wilson with the pros and cons of her work, the cons were simple.  I was afraid that the book would send the wrong message to strong successful women.  I was concerned that women would think that they would have to give up who they were as well as all that they had obtained to satisfy the ego of the man that they hoped to marry.

Now this is not the case.  It is subject to interpretation. Still, I understand that in accordance to Scripture, there is a fine line between being submissive and being subservient.  I keep coming back to that thought because the one thing that I've always thought is that men need to step up their game.  Instead of the woman taking a step back, maybe some men should take a step forward and be the man that the woman needs him to be IN ADDITION to her being the woman that he needs her to be.

Still, Wife 101 is an enjoyable read.  It was well written with just a hint of drama that kept the pages turning.  My hats off to A'ndrea J. Wilson!!




Review of "Wife 101" by J.L. Whitehead of The Examiner


http://www.examiner.com/buzz-in-philadelphia/wife-101-by-a-ndrea-j-wilson-review

No comments:

Post a Comment