Monday, August 12, 2013

Finding the time to write for yourself!

I've been working lately on a few projects...but admittedly, my heart hasn't been into them as much as I would like.  It's not that I don't like writing, reading or editing.  It's not that at all.  It's just that in this world, paying it forward is probably the hardest thing to do when you get nothing in return for it.  Most times, you won't even get a 'thank you.'  I think I wrote about that once.



That isn't what gets me down exclusively.  Like anything, when you give and people take, they will often take like dipping a bucket of water into a well...but like any well, if it isn't replenished, it runs dry.

Writing is my life.  It always has been, but finding the time to write for my own enjoyment has proven to be problematic.  So what do you do?  You try to find the time, but the when you work full time and try to keep your work/business life in proper balance with your home life, you wind up prioritizing and oftentimes, it's yourself that you may put on the backburner.

I'm still learning to adjust to what I want versus what I'm settling for.  Sometimes, I wonder how much I love writing for me.  I ask myself that question from time to time.  And the only answer I can give myself is "Yes, I do love writing for me.  I love it a great deal."

"But maybe...not enough."

~ J.L. Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment