Sunday, April 8, 2012

Keep on pushing!!

In the Sixties, The Impressions came out with a song called, "Keep on Pushing".  I found this song on Youtube and listened to the words intently, marveling at how at this point in time, the meaning couldn't have been more appropriate for me.

I'm still writing, but now I've branched off into editing the works of my constituents.  I remember all too vividly what happened to me when I encountered people that misrepresented themselves and took my money without giving me what I paid for; and because of that, I decided to do the opposite.  Not only do I give the people that I do business with more than they paid for, I give them more than they've come to expect.  Customer Service 101 is simple...a happy customer is a loyal customer.  I believe that it's my job to go above and beyond for everyone that I do business with and hope that they walk away happy.  You explain everything that you are doing, answer all questions honestly and cultivate that relationship that is crucial in most business dealings.

I now have my book listed in Ingrams database which wasn't an easy task.  I am now planning on a professional book launch while enlisting the aid of a media firm based in California.  I know that no one can purchase a book that they don't know about, so hopefully, this will help me get to the place where I need to be.

Simultaneously, I plan on handing out PR cards in five major cities.  I know that most of them will wind up on the ground, but if I play my cards right, hopefully 5% if of the people that take a card will either look for my book online or go to a bookstore to try to find it, and maybe that bookstore will order the book for shelf placement.  We'll see.

The only thing I know is that Karma comes full circle, so I have to be honest in everything that I do and uplift when I can.  That doesn't mean that I'm perfect by any means.  All it means is that I've elected to try.

Or in other words...Keep On Pushing!!

J.L. Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment